People often say motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.
Hi, there! Sarah here!
If you’re a human being and not a robot, sometimes you just don’t “feel like it”.
That “it” could be many things!
Getting your workout in, cooking dinner, doing the dishes, calling your sister, finishing that report, or even getting out and being social.
Don’t worry – it’s completely normal to not feel motivated sometimes
And maybe you even see your child lacking motivation from time to time? I mean, they’re human, too.
And it’s your job to motivate them?
I can’t imagine how difficult that must be sometimes – we have a hard time just motivating ourselves!
Hopefully these will help a bit.
On the days that you need a little something extra, here are a few things that help me to “just do it” even when I don’t feel like it:
- 1.Take a minute to think about your WHY – your goals, values, and dreams, why you need to do the thing in the first place and how awesome you’ll feel after. You can even take 2 minutes and write down your top 3 reasons for doing this
- 2.Jump up and down and yell – yeah yeah yeah!! Let’s do this!!! (or whatever matra might get you pumped up) (for real, it helps!)
- 3.Listen to a song that energizes you (my favorite is “Come Alive” from my favorite movie, The Greatest Showman)
- 4.Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPntFAyRts or find a different one that inspires you and save it as a bookmark
- 5.Countdown slowly from 5, and once you get to 0 you just get up and start it, no negotiations.
Feel free to share some of these with your kiddo as another “tool in their toolbox” of life.
Can you think of a time when your child needed some extra motivation?
Or maybe a recurring thing they need to be motivated to do?
I’d love to hear about it and any strategy they/you have to overcome it!
Just reply to this email and let me know what pops in your head!
Rooting for you!